In Life

Every day the sun rises, What will today hold?
Tears or triumph, laughter or love, Pain or worries, resilience, or prayers to above.
Which way will you live? The right or the wrong? Remember before, I believe in you, with me you'll be strong.
-Mom

bkgr

Monday, May 16, 2011

Beginings

First post.....Well I'm not exactly sure where to start really? I suppose I'll do like a some what quick re-cap of your life so far? I'll start with when we found out we were finally Pregnant.

I woke up one sunday morning ridiculously happy. I decided to take a pregnancy test.....Dad was still in bed, but not for long. I waited and the moment I saw it read PREGNANT I started screaming joyfully!! I ran and jumped on Dad and we both jumped around the apartment for like hours!



My pregnancy seemed to last forever. It was amazing to think I had a little baby coming, but I'm thinking that was just about the only thing amazing about it. Ha ha. I loved feeling little kicks and squirms! And I liked how people saw I was pregnant and would ask me questions about it-I enjoyed talking about you! But I really was very uncomfortable most of the pregnancy. I gained wayyyyy too much weight, and I was like always swollen. BUT! I was and am, soooo glad all that got YOU here!

This is the first picture I took pregnant and I'm 18 weeks.


This is at 21 weeks when we found out you were gonna be a B O Y!
Your Dad was SUPER  excited when he found out you were a boy! I remember in the ultra sound when she showed us you were male, he threw his arm in the air with triumph hahaha. And I ALWAYS wanted a boy first so I was happy happy as well!



This is me at 39 weeks a couple days before you were born! Mamma got BIG!




 This was during labor-I was in hard labor for about 20 hours with you. Doing it all completely natural mind you. Well they induced me because they thought you were going to be close to 9 pounds. So after the 20 odd something hours of labor naturally, my midwife asked if I wanted an epidural-and I jumped on that like a fat kid with cake! Then waited another 4 hours until I was ready to push you out. Only took a good two hours until you were finally in our arms!


 Your Dad might not look like he was very involved with helping you get here-but, he really was. He did amazing that day. I was VERY hard to make happy, but he did all he possibly could to help me. I want you to be just like him one day when your wife goes into labor.





 And here you are-fresh into the world!
7 pounds 12 ounces
20.5 inches long!

BROGDEN DEREK PETERSEN



You came out very hungry!




Getting ready to leave the hospital-Your outfit was huge! Since they told me you were going to be so big I THOUGHT I was planning accordingly.....you were 2 pounds lighter though-silly doctors!  


Nona was there at the hospital when you were born. Grandma and Grandpa Petersen came and visited you. Along with Auntie Kay and Uncle Nathan!

These are going to be a couple (meaning A TON) of pictures of you since you've been home.....

These are from the first month you were here....

First bath

 





These are the second month we had you.....





These the third.....







These the forth month....

You did this all by yourself I was just holding it in place while Dad went and got the camera :)








We went to visit Nona and Papa for the week, this was at Uncle Drew's soccer game!

This was taken while we went out to eat-Nona was holding you!


These are the fifth month pictures, you started doing a couple new things this month.....Like here-you started solid foods:)

You grabbed your toes for the first time during this month!

You started being able to sit mostly all by your self too!

This is something else you would do-but THIS drove me crazy because I always thought you were going to tip over on your head! Silly boy!

This was Valentines Day (your first) We went to Sonic Drive In and while Momma was eating you steered with the steering wheel:)


 These are of the sixth month.....

 You loved sticking out your tongue-and still do!

You started getting on your hands and knees, but would only sit there and rock back and forth.



These were taken during the 8th month you were here! You're getting big!!

You are able to start sitting really well all by yourself:)!!


This was your first hair cut, well really it was just a trim on the top. You did very well during it, although it took FOREVER because you kept moving!
 This is your latest thing...pulling ALL the DVDs out of the cupboard!


So you just turned 9 months old yesterday and I made a post on the family blog but I'm going to just copy it to this one too. Here it is! I love you Buhbee!



Brog's now nine months old today!!! It's so crazy-I just am amazed at all the things he's doing now. I'll try and think of as many as possible, but I'm most likely going to leave some out-and with my brain, it'll be the most important ones too. But here goes anywho-

  •  opens pen, marker, and glue lids.
  • say's mom/momma and dad/dadda
  •  
  • walks around furniture-praying he won't fall
  •  
  • pulls himself up to standing in crib, and furniture
  • says (in his baby kind of way) gaaarrr, caaaahhrr, nneeehh nneeehh
  •  
  • Is DEATHLY afraid of the vacuum! 
  •  
  • once he pulls himself up on something, he forgets he can just sit back down the way he got there?
  •  
  • LOVES to walk around holding momma's fingers!
  •  
  • Army crawls-all over-
  •  
  •  Get's the DVD door open so he can pull all the DVDs out, and then army crawls away leaving a heap for mom.
  • SMILES all the time still.
  •  
  • Is easier to get to laugh now-but we still have to make ourselves look/sound like idiots in order to do so.
  •  
  • loves to watch screen savers/videos/adds/pictures on the computer
  •  
  • Pulls both his knees in, and gets on hands and knees only long enough for me to say good job, then belly flops back down. ?!?!?! crazy head!
  •  
  • LOVES to drink water what ever way he can get it-but as for ALL other forms of liquid, YEAH RIGHT!
  •  
  • eats 8-14 ounces of FOOD about every 4 hours. no more breast milk for some reason. won't take formula or milk either-just water, remember;)
  • claps on command AND when he feels like it.
  •  
  • Can sit up to sitting position from tummy.
  •  
  • moves every which way while we're trying to change him!-Even more annoying than the actual diaper change itself.
  •  
  • likes to be fed and then put right into crib at night and for naps-no snuggling for mom anymore;(
  •  
  • eats snacks at the table with mom and dad while we eat our meals.
  •  
  • Scoots faster with a smile and his tongue sticking out, if you catch him heading to something he's not suppose to be going to.
  • Knows what "come here" means (does NOT always obey it though, the booger)
  •  
  • Gives us "kisses" when we ask for them!
  •  
  • Still loves his baths and especially the football ducky his Grandma Becky gave him!
  •  
  • Wakes up 2-3 times a night still, to eat (I know, you'd think he be bigger huh! Geesh)
  •  
  • Loves to watch intently as the cars go by outside the window.
  •  
  • Makes a scrunched up face when you ask him to "scrunch it up" or "what does a bear say?" either one works.



Well-I think that's it for now, even if it's not-I'm sure that's at least enough for right now. Now that you're eyes are tired right from reading?


We sure love our little Buhbee. He's our pride and happiness, that's for sure! 


And I was thinking if any of you mom's out there have questions/comments about what your kiddo's do or something, please oh please feel free to leave a comment k! I love hearing about other kids, and trying to see what other things work and plus it helps ME out too!-And we ALL know I need it :)


Now a mom of one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment