So tonight when I was feeding you and laying you down for bed (which is one of my favorite parts of the day) I realized how much of my life will change soon.
I've been feeding you every two to four hours for 11 months and two weeks! That a LONG time. And at each feeding I sat for at LEAST 10 minutes while you looked up at me with the sweetest/ sometimes devilish eyes ever.
I loved being able to feed you while you were held so close. I loved having you look at me with such content. I loved you waving your arm about while I tried making you stay latched on. I loved holding you so close and watching you slowly fall asleep. And then holding you for a bit longer just watching you breath. I can honestly say I didn't love how you found it funnier then heck to bite me while pulling away! Ouch you little terd;) But I love being almost done as well.
I've been told to enjoy each stage you go through-(and trust me there's plenty). And although I'm loving the thought of being done breastfeeding, real food for you all the time sounds fantastic and so grown up, It almost made me teary-eyed tonight to think I won't be able to hold you close to me skin to skin anymore. There were some rough patches in there and there were some hilarious moments too, and all I can say is I'm blessed to have been able to feed you from me, but I feel it a blessing to be finished for a while as well.
I love you booger and I can't stop thinking how it's so weird to have you growing so much! I am so proud to have you as MY monster for life! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment